Before joining our tour, PLEASE understand.
- Because of the power of the reviews posted on a well-known travel site and because these reviews can really damage our company’s reputation, we are now using these reviews to clarify a few points. To any future passengers joining our tour and using our services, PLEASE understand.
- Our price includes round-trip transfers ONLY for hotels located on Kantiang beach until Ban Saladan. Outside of this location, an extra charge will be applied to the remaining balance to be paid on board according to the hotel’s location; please ask for details.
- Our price includes one waterproof bag (to protect electronics) per canoe, but you can also purchase them onboard.
- We like our employees and invest in them to join training courses for the benefit of our clients (first aid course, firefighting, English course, boat and sea safety rules…
- Our Thai staff do not speak English very well but have their personality, and we do not want to change them, therefore as Thai people, they are always happy to have fun, smile, and make jokes (“lark around”), and this we believe makes the whole trip more memorable.
- When booking only one person, the ONLY option is to reserve “1 canoe for one single traveler” (at a higher rate)
- Our boat is a “big” boat, NOT a speed boat, and the best option is to visit four islands as there is a lot to see on the way. Hence, a “big” boat runs at a relaxing pace; it is much more comfortable to walk around (not allowed on a speed boat when the boat is on the way) for picture opportunities, access to spacious toilets, discussion with other clients, take an afternoon nap …
- Our “big” boat leaves one hour later, others getting us to most sites after they get crowded, but sometimes we can meet other local ships carrying a few clients.
- The Emerald cave is a jam-packed site most days at any time of the day, but leaving later will get you there after finishing the “big rush.” Sometimes we are lucky to be with very few other tourists BUT other times (and this is unpredictable), there are already many people on the island; it will depend on many factors, but our quick stop and our team should make it a “good thing to see but no more!” kind of stop.
- Sea level is significant for our program. The access to the caves will depend on the sea level, and a few days per month, the level can be either too low or too high.
- If it is too HIGH, then NO access to any caves, so we might leave later than the expected time (2-3 pm) to get in before reaching this limit.
- Make sure to take along with you some changing clothes. The drivers will not let you get in the vehicles with salty dripping garments.
- The management team, Thai and foreigners (both not English natives), are the only persons you will be receiving e-mails from and ask you to be indulgent if sometimes the e-mail messages might seem rude or unfriendly to you. Still, of course, they have no means to hurt any ones feeling or answer improperly; perhaps their English skills do not allow them to find the right words to explain certain things, so thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Special diets can be arranged (vegetarian, allergies…) but make sure to tell us ahead of the tour date and understand that our cook will do her best to make it to your requirement but of course, it is not that simple to cater fresh lunch on a boat, and our cook is not a 5* chef.
- The water served on board is purified water, and our coffee is instant coffee (not the best in Koh Lanta, but it will do for breakfast).
- If you miss our pick-up time or our driver cannot find you at the meeting point (sent with the pick-up time the day before touring), he will leave without you, and no refund will be given.
- If you cannot see our driver 10 minutes passed the pick-up time, PLEASE MAKE SURE to call and let us know; otherwise, our driver will leave without you, and no refund will be given.
- If any of the above information is not clear, does not make sense to you, or you do not like it, please let us know, ask for a refund or select another company but be ensured that it would be our pleasure to have you on board and help you enjoy your Koh Lanta vacations.
The Four Islands